Thursday 6 March 2014

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Farewell, Mona Lisa

     It occurred to me the other day while driving and listening to some Dillinger Escape Plan that my favourite songs by Dillinger are those that showcase the power of Greg Puciato's voice. Spastic energy and jagged mathcore riffing are perfectly well and good, but the tracks I dig the most seem to be the ones in which Greg shows off his pipes.

     Case in point: Option Paralysis opener "Farewell, Mona Lisa", which features some almost crooned choruses and devolves into a breakdown of an outro that pairs such purty singing with Greg's feral shriek. It's tasty stuff, and it further cements my theory that Greg is a big reason why I'm more into newer Dillinger than older stuff (much to the chagrin of Dillinger purists, I'm sure).

     Have yourself a sample of Puciato right now, and then have yourself some sweet dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment