Wednesday 13 November 2013

Opeth - Wreath

     Rather than getting all proggy on you again (can you tell I like prog?) we'll stick with some heavier shit in tonight's quickie post. Yes, as you can tell from the title of this post, I'm going with some Opeth, but I promise it's not 70's prog-folk Opeth.

     Your song this evening is the relatively brutal "Wreath" from 2002's Deliverance. I say 'relatively' because while it's not the all-out onslaught of earlier Opeth, it's also not the more acoustic guitar-laden stuff of more recent albums. Deliverance, the heavy counterpart to the gentler Damnation, is therefore the middle road, moderation in all things-ish happy medium of heaviness in the career of one of my favourite bands, and that's why you're getting the title track tonight. Good luck sleeping tight after that little lullaby.


No comments:

Post a Comment