Tuesday 29 October 2013

Tides From Nebula - Only With Presence

     Regular readers -- that fabled group of you I'm always referring to which may or may not actually exist -- will know that instrumental music makes me smile. Regardless of whether or not something falls under the broad umbrella of what we call "metal", there are just so many aspects of instrumental music that tickle my fancy, provided it's done right.

     Yesterday's song by Exivious, "Deeply Woven", is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about, but you don't have to be all jazzy and heavy to get my attention. Tides From Nebula have done the same thing with their slow-burn, atmospheric post-rock. They're not doing anything especially new or noteworthy (there's that recurring iteration vs. innovation thing, eh?) but I still like what I'm hearing.

     Check out the track "Only With Presence" from their brand speaking new record Eternal Movement and see if you also like what I'm hearing. And don't you dare point out the resemblance between this song and Russian Circles' "Malko". I heard it too. Can't have too much of a good thing, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment