Thursday 3 October 2013

Radiohead - Bodysnatchers

     I don't know about all of you out there, but I for one am not just a one-dimensional metalhead, a fact that should be readily evident by this point in the history of Loud Noises. But it's been a bit (a few days, anyways...) since I last posted something, shall we say, out of character. So here goes nothing!

     Your song today is "Bodysnatchers" from Radiohead's 2007 album In Rainbows. I know that this one isn't everybody's favourite Radiohead record, and I certainly wouldn't ever put it above classics like OK Computer or Kid A (an album that holds a special place in my heart), but I also think it doesn't get enough recognition as a solid record. And while I definitely dig some of Radiohead's bloopier, more electronic-influenced stuff (I said I like Kid A, remember?), I feel like "Bodysnatchers" is a bit of a throwback to some of the more rocking, guitar-based stuff from the band's past.

     If you know In Rainbows, you'll already know "Bodysnatchers" is a cool tune, and if you don't, well, you'll just have to listen for yourself and find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment