Wednesday 23 October 2013

ERRA - Hybrid Earth

     If you're one of the people I mentioned at the start of yesterday's post, namely those who are "over" djent, then I shudder to think what you might say about today's post about a modern metalcore band. I will, however, soldier on undetered.

     I've written about ERRA before, and I'm writing about them again now because they're another perfect example of what I was talking about yesterday: you don't have to break the mold in order to craft something kick-ass. ERRA aren't really bringing a whole lot of new "wow" to the established metalcore table, but they're nevertheless demonstrating song after song that they can take this metalcore formula and do it right.

     First it was "Pulse" that I featured, and now it's ERRA's latest track/video, "Hybrid Earth", from their forthcoming record Augment, due out next week. Even if you've had your fill of metalcore -- perhaps especially if you've had your fill -- you owe it to your ears to at least give this one a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment