Sunday 13 October 2013

Blur - Coffee & TV

     After last night's jaunt across the pond, I've decided to keep calm and carry on (see what I did there?) with another thoroughly British track for your song this evening. And I even promise it won't be as depressing as your average Smiths song.

     I've never been the hugest Blur fan, but I know what I like, and I likes me some "Coffee & TV", from the 1999 album 13. It's bouncy and poppy, like a lot of the best Blur tunes, but it's also got a touch of melancholy (especially if you're watching the video) that gives it enough depth to warrant a spot on the playlist of any open-minded metalhead. It's the perfect track to convince the unfamiliar that Blur is more than just Britpop and "Song 2".

     So stiffen your upper lip, give a hearty pip-pip-cheerio, and groove out to some "Coffee & TV". And (spoiler!) don't worry too much about Milky the milk carton, it all works out in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment