Wednesday 9 October 2013

Alice in Chains - Down in a Hole

     I know it's the kind of thing that gets flippantly labelled "#firstworldproblems" in our modern Twittersphere, but I'm going to share it with you anyways: my internet was down all morning today. GASP!

     Sure, it's a tremendously minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but when a good chunk of what you do in a day (like blogging about music) happens online, it's an inconvenience nonetheless. Today's song encapsulates how I felt before the ISP gods smiled upon me, and generally how I feel any time technology fails me.

     Your song this evening is "Down in a Hole" from Alice in Chains' classic 1992 album Dirt. Yup. You read that right. Melodramatic much? When I get cut off from my technology, I feel like I might as well be in a cave or something. You may commence your most creative nerd/geek epithets at me whenever you're ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment