Tuesday 3 September 2013

Song of the Day: Aliases - We Never Should Have Met

     I'm always trying to turn my metalhead friends on to Basick Records. I feel like a bit of a fanboy when I do it (and when I admit it to you, like I just did...) but there it is.



     I do, however, feel it's pretty justified fanboyism. After all, Basick does have a pretty solid line-up, from alumni to current artists. I don't pick up everything they put out, but I'll at least give it a listen, safe in the knowledge that I may well be adding another good-to-great record to my collection.

     I would put 2011's Safer Than Reality from Aliases at the "good" end of that spectrum. I'm not all about Aliases or anything, but I certainly don't mind when they come on my shufflator. Case in point: "We Never Should Have Met" came on this afternoon in the car, and I dug it enough that I thought to myself how nice it would be to hear some new Aliases. What do YOU think?


No comments:

Post a Comment