Friday 5 July 2013

Song of the Day: Dawn of Dementia - Vitrification

     I warned you yesterday, and yet here you are, so thanks for coming out for the one year anniversary of the Song of the Day feature here at Loud Noises!



     It hasn't always gone as swimmingly as I would have liked. I've fallen behind a day or two and then had to catch up a bunch of times, but I always have caught up, and except for yesterday, I avoided repeating myself too. I won't say there won't be any repeats in the future, but I'd like to keep it to a minimum, since there's so much stuff out there I haven't even heard yet, let alone shared with all of you.

     I hope over the past year you've heard at least a song or two that's turned you onto at least a band or two. If I've managed to turn anybody out there on to anything cool, metal or otherwise, I've accomplished my mission. If not, well, there's more where the last year came from.

     Such as today's song: "Vitrification" by tech-death young guns Dawn of Dementia, from their 2012 EP Residuum. I looked up the word "vitrification" and it has to do with becoming glass, making it a fitting title for such a sharp little track. Whether you like your tech metal deathy, or your death metal techy, Dawn of Dementia could be just your thing. Check it out, and I'll see you tomorrow for year 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment