Thursday 6 June 2013

Song of the Day: System of a Down - Know

     Sometimes shuffle is my enemy. I'm sure you know the feeling: you don't know what you want to hear right now, but it's sure as shit not that. Or that. Or that. Or that... Every song is your least favourite in that moment, every band just not what you're in the mood for. But sometimes, oh sometimes, shuffle has my back.



     Like today. As regular readers will know, I was on nights this week, and then today I had to flip back to my day schedule for my other job after only two or three hours of sleep. So when I left work this afternoon and got in my car in the pouring rain, I was tired but ready to unwind. And lo, the shuffle gods deign to give me "Know" from System of a Down's self-titled debut.

     Equal parts genuine appreciation and pure nostalgia, heavy and almost punky but with an infectiously bouncy groove, singable -- whatever the reasoning, "Know" was the right song at the right time today, and that's why it's your song this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment