Friday 7 June 2013

Song of the Day: Nine Inch Nails - Came Back Haunted

     OK, before I get to today's song, there's one thing I want to mention first. I've said before (more than once) that I'm not interested in being a music news blog per se, but just in case you haven't heard, Protest the Hero drummer Moe Carlson is leaving the band to go back to school. No permanent replacement has been announced yet, but the indiegogo-funded album the boys are working on will have none other than Lamb of God's Chris "I am a drumming robot" Adler behind the kit as their studio drummer. Colour me even more stoked for this album's apparent fall-ish release.



     Now that that's out of the way, on to today's song, which is actually kinda news related (I know, I know, I'll stop...) If you follow any heavy music news anywhere online, you might already know that Trent Reznor and company have completed work on a new Nine Inch Nails album entitled Hesitation Marks and due out in September. But do you know there's been a song released from it already? Have you heard said song?

     Don't worry if you haven't, because it's today's song. "Came Back Haunted" is best played loud, and ideally with a subwoofer, because that beat must weigh like five hundred pounds, it's that fat. It sounds to me like it would be right at home somewhere on 1999's The Fragile, and since that record holds a special place in my heart, I'll be among the Nails fans ready for Hesitation Marks come September.


No comments:

Post a Comment