Sunday 30 June 2013

Song of the Day: Matthew Good Band - Everything is Automatic

     It's the last day before Canada Day, and before I head out to a friend's cottage for some fireworks this evening we're going to have a classic Canadian 90's alternative song that anybody my age should be able to along to without any problem at all.



     It's a strange law of musical nature here in Canada that the Matthew Good Band was better than solo Matt Good is. It's pretty much the same stuff in a different package, but you try telling me 1998's Underdogs or 1999's Beautiful Midnight aren't superior to anything Matt's done since. Seriously. You just try it.

     See? You couldn't do it. I don't know why it's try, but it is: Matt Good Band trumps just Matt Good. Have a listen to everybody's favourite "Everything is Automatic" from the aforementioned Underdogs and tell me I'm wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment