Friday 17 May 2013

Song of the Day: Sleepers Awake - The Fulcrum

     I've got a couple of posts planned for today, the first of which is of course your Song of the Day. Today, I've got a song from a band that's pleasantly heavy while still being something that your non-metalhead friend might get into. A little bit post-rock, a little bit post-metal, a dash of prog thrown in, with a smattering of elements of modern death/deathcore (I'm looking at you, brief blast beats) the Colombians (Ohio, that is) in Sleepers Awake have a lot going for them.



     If that sounds at all like something you'd be interested in, or even if it doesn't, you should check out the lead single from Sleepers Awake's new album, Transcension, entitled "The Fulcrum". Like I said, it's a bit crossover, in the best possible way: I could picture hearing them on local rock radio, but at the same time they're heavy enough that as a pretentious metal connoisseur I can still listen to them on said rock radio station and not feel bad.

     So listen to "The Fulcrum" guilt-free, and stay tuned for something a little different a little later this afternoon.

(Youtube doesn't seem to want me to embed this one, but I know it's on there, because that's where I'm listening to it. So here's the url!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioaypy6WhBo

No comments:

Post a Comment