Monday 20 May 2013

Song of the Day: Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Deaf

     I've been going on about it all weekend, so by this point the observant reader should have picked up on the fact that it's a long weekend here in Canada, which makes today the holiday Monday. Today is the actual day off (for those of use who get the day off) and as such I thought I should perhaps feature something appropriate this evening.

     Let me walk you down the trail of logic that got us to "A Song for the Deaf". First I thought something Canadian would be the most appropos, for obvious reasons. But when nothing sprang immediately to mind, the wheels in my head started turning and I shifted my search parameters to include "something related to the Queen", since this the Victoria Day long weekend celebrating the birthday of Queen Victoria. Immediately I thought of Queen, but that felt too easy, and not quite right anyways. The head-wheels turned a bit further, I free-associated my way over to Queens of the Stone Age, and since I've never done a song from the monster album that is Songs for the Deaf, the rest has done itself for me. Voila!

     Your song tonight is "A Song for the Deaf" from the aforementioned 2002 album, an absolute classic in my opinion. Spin it yo, and happy Victoria Day!

     Now hurry up with the fireworks so I can go to bed, because I'm an old man.



No comments:

Post a Comment