Monday 6 May 2013

Song of the Day, Part 1: May the Fifth Be With You

     Yeah, I know Star Wars Day is actually May the Fourth. I get how the pun works. But I missed yesterday (my girlfriend's new apartment is still internetless at the moment) and the theme I'm going with for today's two-parter (or the titles anyways) is Star Wars. So use the Fifth, young padawan, and crank up something of the new and hotly anticipated Arsis album, Unwelcome.



     Your song for yesterday is "Handbook for the Recently Deceased", and is as good an example as any of the fact that Arsis have lost none of their laser precision and inhuman speed in their downtime and drummer swap. The sticker on my copy of Unwelcome boldly proclaimed it "The triumphant return of the melodic tech death masters!" That sticker might just be right. Check it out and see for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment