Friday 10 May 2013

Song of the Day: Opeth - Porcelain Heart

     All too soon, it's happening again: my girlfriend is making another trek to Ikea to get more furnishings for her new apartment. But take heart, my fellow males: it looks like I don't have to go.

     Whether or not I'm doomed to another day of following the yellow arrows on the floor from one carefully staged room to another, a trip to Ikea still warrants a dip into some Swedish waters here at Loud Noises. And what better Swedish waters to dampen our toes in than the lovely lagoon of Opeth.

     Your Opeth song today is "Porcelain Heart" from 2008's monster Watershed. I can hear the Opeth purists among you already, decrying my choice of song and denouncing my name for neglecting the band's earlier work. But Watershed is a great album any way you slice it, and it also holds a special place in my heart, so I've got no problem going with another song from it for today's Opeth tune. If you can convince me I'm wrong, I invite you to do so in the comments section below.

     Oh, and while there is an actual music video for this song, it's a radio edit of the full eight plus minute running time, so I've gone with a none-video version of the studio track. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment