Friday 3 May 2013

Song of the Day: Mother Mother - O My Heart

     Sure, it's not metal (are you getting tired of hearing me say that yet?) but I came up with something to feature that's cool, fairly unknown, and NOT from Ontario. I've written about them before, but that was for one of their newer songs, whereas today (yes, it's daylight as I'm typing this) we're going with something off the album that got me into this band in the first place.



     Your song today is the title track from the 2008 sophomore album O My Heart by Vancouver indie-rock/pop-rock band Mother Mother. Don't let my use of the word "pop" in the previous sentence dissuade you, dear reader, I mean it in the best possible sense of uptempo, catchy and infectious melodies and harmonies. But Mother Mother is worth more than just a passing glance, with subject matter that's not quite straight-ahead pop or rock and three (or more) part vocal harmonies, just to whet your appetite. So check out "O My Heart" and broaden your horizons.


No comments:

Post a Comment