Wednesday 22 May 2013

Song of the Day: 36 Crazyfists - Elysium

     Last week when I featured Sleepers Awake, I couldn't remember the band that Sleepers made me think of. Today I have remembered, but your guess is as good as mine when it comes to exactly why my brain made the connection between these two bands.



     We used to listen to a bunch of Alaskan metalcore/post-rock band 36 Crazyfists back when I was an undergrad, and although I haven't really heard any in years, something about Sleepers Awake caused them to bubble back up from the depths. Because of my ancient acquaintance with these guys I could recommend one of a number of songs from their first several albums. But since I didn't have a particular song in mind when I decided to go with this band today, I'm letting former Killswitch singer Howard Jones pick for me.

     Your song this evening is "Elysium" from 2006's Rest Inside the Flames, and before you ask, yes, that is Howard singing back-up. That guy sure does get around.


No comments:

Post a Comment