Sunday 17 March 2013

Song of the Day: Spirit of the West - Home for a Rest

     Top o' the evenin' to ya, lads and lasses. It's St. Patrick's Day and when I think of good Celtic songs (I say good because I've just spent the afternoon being accosted by more Celtic music than any one person needs) there's one that comes to mind immediately. Sure, it's not metal, and it's not even Irish, but the sentiments expressed coincide perfectly with the mentalities both of the Irish and of the touring metal band. Maybe you've guessed the song by now?



     Your St. Paddy's type song this evening is anthemic drinking tune "Home for a Rest" by Canadian folk band Spirit of the West, from their 1990 album Save This House. If you're Canadian, I'm sure you already know it and probably agree that it sounds Irish enough to the occasion. If you're from anywhere else, why, you'll just have to listen and see whether I'm full of shite or not. Blarney!


No comments:

Post a Comment