Sunday 31 March 2013

Song of the Day: Scale the Summit - Whales

     Today's band are among many cool bands that are at last report in the midst of writing new material. And while Scale the Summit is certainly in good company when it comes to bands aiming to release new records in 2013, if their last outing, 2011's The Collective is any indication this one should be something special. In fact, The Collective made such an impact with me that last time I feature a Scale the Summit song it was that album's first track, and today it'll be that album's second.



     Your song this evening is "Whales" from the 2011 monster The Collective, a truly massive slab of proggy instrumetal. Don't misunderstand me, everything I've heard by Scale the Summit is really cool, but The Collective just struck a perfect chord with me at a perfect time, and I feel it hangs together so well as a single work that if Scale the Summit steps up their game for the next disc, it'll be a doozy. You just watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment