Wednesday 20 March 2013

Song of the Day: Monuments - Empty Vessels Make the Most Noise

     Today is one of those days when I'm sure there's something cool and unique that none of you has ever heard of and that I'm forgetting to tell you about. Wrack my brain as I might, I still feel like there's something I'm forgetting. But since I can't remember what that might be, your getting some sweet shuffle action.



     Getting sick of djent yet? I'll bet you probably are, and you do have a bit of a point. Everybody and their mother's dog is capable of playing some angular riffs on some guitars with more strings than usual, and this style/genre/call it what you will is certainly a tad over-saturated. But for some reason (and I'm not really sure why) British band Monuments stands out from the pack just enough. They're not reinventing the wheel, but their grooves are that little bit deeper, their chord progressions are just that little bit quirkier, and I'm telling you, it's tasty. Don't believe me? Try "Empty Vessels Make the Most Noise" from last year's Gnosis and see for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment