Friday 15 March 2013

Song of the Day: Jon Gomm feat. Dan Tompkins - Ain't Nobody

     This evening we're on our way out to the annual end of the year banquet for my department, meaning I have to get this out of the way now so that you, dear reader, need not go a day without me. But normally it takes me all day to settle on something, meaning I don't have a metal song in mind yet. I do, however, have something that will still fit the bill.



     Your song today is Dan Tompkins' new vocal addition to Jon Gomm's acoustic guitar cover of Chaka Khan's "Ain't Nobody". Now trying saying that three times fast. But why should you listen to it, three times, at normal speed? Well, it's a cool cover to begin with, and then there's Dan over top busting out some sweet sweet Chaka love. I'm seriously digging the new snippit of the next Tesseract record, sans Dan, but hearing it today made me crave the old Tesseract that much more. This cover might be a couple of steps removed from Tesseract, but if you like Dan Tompkins' work at all then you should definitely check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment