Wednesday 13 February 2013

Song of the Day: Weerd Science - Fuck You and Your Filthy A&R Dept.

     I'm feeling a little saucy this evening, so we're going to experiment with a little Weerd Science. I know I've written about Coheed and Cambria drummer Josh Eppard's MC moniker before, but it's been a while and since it's the kind of thing you rigid metalheads might not normally listen to I figure Josh should get another day in the sun.



     Your song today is "Fuck You and Your Filthy A&R Dept." from Weerd Science's 2005 debut Friends and Nervous Breakdowns. It's easy to make a lot out of Josh Eppard skillz because he's a white guy who can rap pretty well (or maybe it's not easy, I don't know anymore) but this track is easily one of my favourites on this album because it shows that Josh can legitimately bring it, and bring it fast. If you're a metalhead who has any interest whatsoever in rap and hip hop (which you should if you claim to call yourself a music fan and not just a metal fan) check out this song, and then check out this disc. You will dig some of these jams.


No comments:

Post a Comment