Sunday 3 February 2013

Song of the Day: The Mars Volta - Roulette Dares (The Haunt of)

     I read the other day that, if tweets are to be believed, The Mars Volta is no more. This is really a shame, since I can't really think of another quasi-mainstream rock act of the last few years that pushed the envelope to new and interesting places as much as The Mars Volta. It also occurred to me in the wake of this news that, despite writing about The Mars Volta at least once, I've never given them their own day. That changes now, while I still have the chance.



     Your song today is Mars Volta classic "Roulette Dares (The Haunt of)" from their debut masterpiece De-Loused in the Comatorium. If you're not shaking your money maker by a minute or two in, there's something seriously wrong with your money maker.


No comments:

Post a Comment