Saturday 19 January 2013

Song of the Day: Slick Shoes - Darko

     I'm going to start out day 3 of this Loud Noises Punk Week by clarifying what I'm calling punk here. This isn't your grandpappy's punk, so to speak, your Sex Pistols and your Black Flag and your Dead Kennedys, or whatever you consider really old school, punky punk to be.


     No, the kind of punk I'm talking about, the kind of punk I got into in high school, is early 90's power punk, the kind of thing that precipitated the creation of the Warped Tour back in the day. And while I've never been a huge fan of today's band, they've definitely got some killer tunes in their arsenal, and today's song is one of them.

     Your song today is "Darko" by the band Slick Shoes, the opening track from their 2003 album Far From Nowhere. Fast drums, cool riffs, and some, ahem, slick harmonies make "Darko" a song that any metalhead should be able to get behind. Have yourself a go.


No comments:

Post a Comment