Wednesday 9 January 2013

Song of the Day: Skyharbor - Catharsis

     Like I said yesterday, I think it's fairly safe for me to assume that most of you are likely familiar, or even similarly enamored with, most of the albums on my Ten Best of 2012 list. But I've got a hunch that there's at least a few of you who don't know one or two of my selections, or have perhaps only heard of them and not heard them. Yesterday's Gojira song was aimed your way, and so is today's Skyharbor song.



     That song is "Catharsis" from the Illusion disc of the awesome Blinding White Noise: Illusion & Chaos released last year. I've feel like I've already gushed so much about Skyharbor in the past that I don't think I can really say anything new, except maybe this: I recommended this song once before, in the United Nations of Metal post if I recall, and said something about how I didn't just choose it because Marty Friedman's guest solo sounds to me a little like one of the Terran themes from Starcraft. Well, today when deciding which Skyharbor song to pick, I went with "Catharsis" as a tribute to all my Terran friends out there. Until tomorrow, I'll be your SCV, and I'm good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment