Tuesday 8 January 2013

Song of the Day: Gojira - Mouth of Kala

     In my recent Ten Best of 2012 post, I talked about how Gojira's L'Enfant Sauvage was my gateway into a band that I had previously only been kinda meh about. As I said in closing, I assumed that everyone was familiar with most of my list, but now a doomsday scenario occurs to me: what if you don't know Gojira, or you're like I was before my Franco-enviro-metal conversion? Today's song has been chosen with that hypothetical you in mind.



     Your song today is "Mouth of Kala" from the aforementioned 2012 disc L'Enfant Sauvage. I don't think you'll need any more convincing that Gojira is worth a go than the opening riff of this song. If you aren't at least starting to dig Gojira by about a minute in, I guess it's just not meant to be. The rest of you, enjoy the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment