Wednesday 2 January 2013

Song of the Day: Finch - Ink

     Along with 2013, the theme week I've dubbed Resurrection Week continues apace today with another song from a defunct band that could do us all a favour and try for just one more album. Today's band is one I've mentioned at least once before, but one that I'll bet not all of you are familiar with. Today's band, dear reader, is Finch.



     Your song today is "Ink" from Finch's second (and final) full-length album Say Hello to Sunshine. Finch certainly wasn't a metal band, and some of their stuff doesn't come close to the last Finsh song I featured ("Worms of Earth") in terms of heaviness, but they're definitely one of the more interesting and more unique post-hardcore/screamo-ish I've come across. Say Hello to Sunshine is quirky post-hardcore album, and "Ink" is just one of the great songs on it. Have a listen to some Finch today.


No comments:

Post a Comment