Tuesday 29 January 2013

Song of the Day: Dissipate - Mech Fail

     Relatively recent Basick signees Dissipate put out an EP last November called Tectonics that was among my Boxing Week Fire Sale purchases this year, and I've been pleasantly surprised by it. I heard about it back when it was released, listened to a couple of the tracks, and came to the conclusion that it was OK, but nothing spectacular. Interesting enough to buy on sale, but maybe not enough to pay full price.



     But having listened to the whole thing a couple of times now, I've changed my tune somewhat. It's much more diverse than the initial "super down-tuned djent" impression I had initially, and it runs a fairly broad gamut from djenty to thrashy to shreddy to moments that are event a little more post-rock/post-hardcore.

     Your song today is "Mech Fail" from 2012's Tectonic, and it's one that has a little of that post-rock feel I mentioned above, mainly brought about by vocalist Josh Foster's channeling of Deftone's Chino Moreno (or is it just me?). Have a listen or two and see if it grows on you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment