Monday 21 January 2013

Song of the Day: Bad Religion - New America

     I feel like I can't do a Punk Week without featuring at least one old school-type band, so today's the day, skate punks. Now, as a metalhead I'll freely admit that I'm not familiar with lots of the history of other genres, or that if I am familiar with them, it's a more recent phenomenon. Take punk: I will also freely admit that the first time I heard Bad Religion (that I can remember with 100% that it was indeed Bad Religion) was when today's song came out.



     Dating myself? Perhaps. Nevertheless, your song today is Bad Religion's "New America", from the 2000 album The New America. Sure, it's not the best Bad Religion song (or album) but it was one of those gateway songs that introduced me to the whoah-whoah-whoah of good fist-in-the-air punk, so if only for the nostalgia value, you get to listen to some Bad Religion today. Enjoy, and goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment