Friday 25 January 2013

Song of the Day: Aliases - All That Glitters is Gold

     Like an old man easing into a hot bath, this evening we're going to ease our punky old bones back into the hot, hot bathwater of metal with a little help from the always awesome Basick Records.



     For the last two Christmases, I've taken advantage of the Basick Records Boxing Day Fire Sale, getting some really good deals on their entire catalogue (pluggity plug). I usually go for a mixture of things I've heard of and want to check out or things I know will be good combined with a helping of their cheaper clearance stuff, and overall I've had good luck at both ends, coming across some gems in the process. Today's song comes from a Basick band I'd long wanted to hear more of and finally got the chance to check out in depth when I picked up their latest release.

     Your song today is "All That Glitters is Gold" from 2011's Safer Than Reality by Britain's Aliases. Sure, I might be late to the party on these guys, but I'm digging it, so better late than never. And thanks to Basick, getting into the party was a steal.


No comments:

Post a Comment