Monday 31 December 2012

Song of the Day: The Fall of Troy - F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.

     While we're still on the subject of bands gone by that I wish I could raise from the dead with the click of a mouse, we might as well mine the subject for all the idea gold it's worth. And since it's been a bit since the last Loud Noises theme week, why not kill a couple of pigs will this well aimed bird* and do a Back from the Dead week about bands I like that have fallen apart before their time. To start things off there's one now-defunct band that always sticks out in my mind at times like this: The Fall of Troy.



     Why, you ask? Because when The Fall of Troy announced their farewell tour a couple of years back and I saw that there was a date in Toronto, I jumped at the opportunity and made plans to go, but then said plans fell through and I was left to read about set lists and the like. I could be mistaken, but I probably even still have the unused tickets kicking around here somewhere. Anyways, as a result of this I've often wanted to turn back the clock and make that show, or perhaps have The Fall of Troy do another farewell tour a la Kiss or something, so I can cross them off my musical bucket list.

     Alas, I don't see this ever happening, and really, I don't know that I'd want it to. If a band has to break up, I'd rather it just happen and be done than have them do farewell jaunt after farewell jaunt. But that doesn't mean they can't be resurrected in at least a figurative sense, so that's what we'll do today with "F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X." off of 2005's sophomore disc Doppelganger. Several of the tracks on this album, including this one, are reworked and rerecorded versions of songs from TFOT's first album, which is either  a lazy choice or a brave choice, depending on how you look at it. You decide. Oh, and have a happy new year, motherfuckers. See you next year.











* I have a theory that due to the popularity and market saturation of Angry Birds, in the future the expression "killing two birds with one stone" will be altered to "killing two pigs with one bird". I'm just trying to get in on the ground floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment