Friday 21 December 2012

Song of the Day: Dave Brubeck - Take Five

     So it's Friday evening, on the 21st of December, and the world, having neglected to end, continues to spin. Crazy, huh? Maybe now people will get that, just like our own calendar, the Mayan one was cyclical, with the end of a cycle not representing the end of everything.



     I could take the easy way out, and make today's song "It's the End of the World as We Know It" like probably every radio station everywhere, but I'm going to take the road less traveled and put a little more thought into today than that. Since my lady and I are headed out to a festive gathering this evening, and since jazz great Dave Brubeck recently passed away (two rather disjointed dots to connect, I know), I feel it's time to take a minute to appreciate the season and the company. Or maybe take five?

     Your song today is jazz classic "Take Five" from the 1959 album Time Out by The Dave Brubeck Quartet. I'm not taking the holidays off from Loud Noises; I'll be back tomorrow, and the next day, etc, and so should you. But this evening let's all take five to partake of some good cheer and share some music with friends, even if it isn't metal.


No comments:

Post a Comment