Wednesday 26 December 2012

Song of the Day (25th): Bing Crosby - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen

     I know I said yesterday that I'd be back later and everything with another song, but yeah... that clearly didn't happen... Oh well. 'Tis the season, right? Anyways, I'm back today, and Loud Noises is back on track with its regular schedule of programming, starting with a Christmas ditty.



     Your song for Christmas Day 2012 is Bing Crosby's version of "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen". Sure, it's not very metal, but there's a method to my madness. First off, it's always been one of my favourite Christmas carols, and Bing's version is virtually ubiquitous. Second, it's long been one of my pet project ideas to do an album of metal covers of Christmas songs, and "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen" done in the style of Darkest Hour is pretty much track one. Maybe I can spearhead some sort of charity album for next year? Fuck, that'd be awesome...

     Anyways, I know your Christmas song is a day late, but nevertheless, I hope your Christmas was both merry and metal.


No comments:

Post a Comment