Wednesday 14 November 2012

Yesterday's Song: Numbers - Oh Teh Monies

     I know this is getting a little old, but it is what it is. Old habits die hard, so what can we say about the longevity of bad habits? Hopefully that it's short-lived. All I can promise I'll try to get the Song of the Day train back on track. That said, let's get to yesterday's song.



     I've posted about Seattle-area electro-prog group Numbers before, but it's been a while and things are really starting to happen for them -- they're booking more shows, and I've seen talk of an upcoming full length release on their Facebook page -- so I think it's about time to give them some more love.

     Your Numbers song for today is "Oh Teh Monies" from Number's 2012 self-titled EP. Not only is this song a good example of what Numbers is all about, it's also a good showcase of vocalist Kyle Bishop's range and versatility. I've read several different appropriate comparisons, but personally I hear flashes of Periphery's Spencer Sotelo and The Dear Hunter's Casey Crescenzo. Take Numbers for a listen and see you who you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment