Monday 5 November 2012

Wham Bam Boom: Three Day Catch-Up

     Another rapid fire day today, as Saturday night's belated Hallowe'en party left me very ineffective this weekend. First up is your song for Saturday.

     Eyeconoclast is a death/thrash five piece from Rome who seem more than capable of crafting some Riffs, like those found in "Sharpening Our Blades on the Mainstream", which is from their 2011 EP of the same name. So far this is all I've checked out by these guys, but when I first heard this song, I had to listen to it a couple of times. How's that for an endorsement?


     Next is your song for Sunday, aka yesterday. I figure I owe you something really cool for basically taking the weekend off, so for your Sunday song let's go with "Carbon-Based Anatomy" by Cynic, from their 2011 EP of the same name. I've posted about Cynic before, but that was older Cynic, and while that stuff is still awesome, they've changed quite a bit over the years. "Carbon-Based Anatomy" is a good representation of that EP and their current direction.


     And finally your song for today. Since it's Monday, I'm going with another M band. This time around it's going to be Mudvayne, which means that today, ladies and gentlemen, is Mudvayne Monday. I could do songs from L.D. 50 all day long, so today I'm going to branch out a bit and recommend that you hear "The End of All Things to Come", off of the 2002 album of the same name. That intro riff alone is worth the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment