Saturday 10 November 2012

Song of the (Yester)Day: Thrice - Under a Killing Moon

     I know it's technically late, but it's also really early in the morning and therefore not quite Saturday yet, so conceptually I'm going to imagine I finished this last night like I intended to and go from there...



     So I've posted about Thrice before, and talked about how awesome they are and how their long career has spawned a deep catalogue of music to enjoy. But all good things must (potentially) come to an end, and Thrice has gone on the dreaded "indefinite hiatus", which has indications of being permanent or at least long-term given the farewell tour they went out on first. They got the setlist for said tour from a poll on their website, and they've recently released a live double album with a tracklist culled from that setlist. And I've decided to pick one of those songs for your song today.

     That song? Well, since this is ostensibly a heavy music blog, I'll go with the 2012 Anthology version of "Under a Killing Moon"  (as opposed to the 2003 album version of The Artist in The Ambulance). Although not as musically perfect as said album version (which you should of course also check out) it's got all the energy of a good Thrice song at a good Thrice show. Enjoy.


(NB: This is just a video of Thrice playing "Under a Killing Moon" at some point on the farewell tour. I don't know if this is the version that appears on Anthology, but this is what you get)

No comments:

Post a Comment