Saturday 17 November 2012

Song of the Day: Thank You Scientist - My famed disappearing act

     I read reviews on sites like Heavyblogisheavy and MetalSucks, and if somebody I don't know sounds particularly interesting I'll go and check them out. I'm sure you do much the same thing when you're looking for new stuff. That's how I discovered today's band.



     Thank You Scientist are hard to pin down. Aggressive and energetic, varied and diverse, think Coheed and Cambria meets The Mars Volta meets Closure in Moscow. There's noodly guitar riffs and noodly horn sections. It's good fun.

     Good fun that's encapsulated on "My fame disappearing act" from Thank You Scientist's 2012 album Maps of Non-Existent Places. It's a cool song with a cooler guitar solo, but really I got stuck on this song when listening to this album because of the badass intro riff. If that riff doesn't get you stoked for the rest of this song, I don't know what will.


No comments:

Post a Comment