Saturday 24 November 2012

Song of the Day: Soundgarden - Jesus Christ Pose

     I'm sure you're well aware that Soundgarden is back together. You probably know they put out a new album, King Animal, a couple of weeks ago. You might even have heard the first single off said album "Been Away Too Long" on the radio or online. But if you're like me, you're not a huge fan of this song. I haven't heard anything else off the album yet, but if the single is any indication, I vote it best to remember the good ol' days.



     With that in mind, your song today is Soundgarden classic "Jesus Christ Pose" from 1991's Badmotorfinger. I can still remember feeling like such a badass when I learned to play this song on guitar. Learning any Soundgarden song typically inspires that feeling, but this was one of the first couple I mastered, so let's remember Old School Soundgarden with it, shall we? I could easily have picked just about anything from Superunknown, but I feel it's important to remember that the rest of Soundgarden's catalogue is pretty awesome too. So "Jesus Christ Pose" it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment