Thursday 29 November 2012

Song of the Day: Misery Signals - Us and Them

     Under the Covers of Darkness Week continues apace, and today I'm going to keep rolling along with a very specific mini-theme that you didn't even notice me establishing yesterday: heavied-up covers of Pink Floyd songs. Too specific, you say? No way I could come up with another such cover after yesterday's song? Watch me. I've got a good one by one of my favourite heavy bands.



     Your song today is the Misery Signals version of Pink Floyd's "Us and Them", from 1973's The Dark Side of the Moon. Misery Signals covered this song for the modern-metal-covers-classic-rock soundtrack for the 2011 shooter Homefront (have a listen on youtube to some of the other songs, it's an interesting concept even if some of the covers are better than others) and while it too is a cover that's very recognizably "Us and Them", it still kicks undeniable ass, thanks in large part to Branden Morgan's complex and aggressive drumming. Click play and settle in for the ride while you join me in eagerly awaiting new Misery Signals material.


No comments:

Post a Comment