Sunday 18 November 2012

Song of the Day: Closure In Moscow - Kissing Cousins

     Yesterday when I was writing about Thank You Scientist and trying (somewhat vainly) to come up with some way to describe their sound, I mentioned a band called Closure in Moscow. Checking my records (yes, I do keep records) I see that I haven't done a Song of the Day for them yet, and since they're the kind of band that I don't imagine too many of you are into, I figure they could use a day in the spotlight.



     Your song today is "Kissing Cousins", the opening track from Closure in Moscow's 2009 debut full-length album First Temple. As was the case with Thank You Scientist, Australian prog act Closure in Moscow is hard to pin down. At a glance they might seem kinda emo, but if that's the sort of thing that turns you off, I implore you to keep listening to Closure in Moscow. They've definitely become one of those bands whose next release is one I'm excited to hear. Check 'em out and see if you agree with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment