Thursday 22 November 2012

Song of the Day: Big Wreck - That Song

     I try to go to good shows when they come to town, but sometimes the composition of a bill isn't enough to justify the price, even if I'd like to see one or more of the acts on it. Tonight is one of those nights.



     Big Wreck is playing here with Theory of a Deadman tonight, and while I couldn't give two shits about Theory of a Deadman, I used to listen to tons of Big Wreck in high school. I don't know if their new album is any good (beyond the couple of singles that are in radio rotation) but their first two have gotten a lot of play with me over the years.

     With that in mind, you song today is "That Song" from 1997's In Loving Memory Of... I know it's kinda mainstream and not metal, but I've always had a soft spot for this (that?) song, so in honour of my brother going to the show tonight, "That Song" is your song. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Big Wreck is killin' it this tour. Ya should have gone. Dig this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LvoR3DEBUI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. A perfect example of how underratedly awesome Ian Thornley is. It's really cool to see a band like Big Wreck back together and out on the road kicking ass, even if I didn't *see* them this time around.

      Delete