Thursday 18 October 2012

Songs of the Days: Yeah, I know...

     Yeah, I know, shut up. My excuse today is that I've been working a bunch and it's midterm time, so students have been e-mailing me with a million and one silly questions. But no matter. Still a day late and a dollar short, so once again you get a double dose of classic rock today as Classic Rock Week continues not-quite-apace.


     Your first song is Aerosmith's "Dream On", from their 1973 debut Aerosmith. Why? Because Steven Tyler's voice used to be bananas, that's why. Steve can still wail, but back in the day, he was something else entirely. If you've never heard really old Aerosmith, you need to hear "Dream On".



Song number two is "Eleanor Rigby" from The Beatles' 1966 album Revolver. It's always been one of my favourite Beatles songs, and it's got a melancholia that's right up metal's alley.


No comments:

Post a Comment