Wednesday 3 October 2012

Song of the Day: Tesseract - Nocturne

     I've written about today's band before (they are, after all, What You Should Be Listening To), and they've even had a song of the day before, but after a summer of relative quiet from them, things are once again happening and so they deserve another look in case you don't know them yet. Based on that description, I could be talking about Sylosis, but today's song actually happens to be the new tune from another of my absolute favourites, Tesseract.



     When we last left Tesseract, second vocalist Elliot Coleman had left the band following the recording of the acoustic-inspired Perspective EP. Tesseract seemed to be in a bit of a bind. But never fear! Things are looking up: the band's got a new vocalist in Ashe O’Hara (formerly of Voices from the Fuselage) a new song in "Nocturne" and a new album in the works. What a perfect reason to make "Nocturne" you Song of the Day. I'm not sure if I'm digging it as much yet as I love One, but it sure is good to have new Tesseract, and even if he's not Dan (I'm a Dan Tompkins fanboy...a Danboy...) Ashe shows he can hold his own on this track. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment