Wednesday 10 October 2012

Song of the Day: A Perfect Circle - Judith

     I bet you've heard of today's band, but if perhaps you've been living under a rock or on a different planet for the last ten to fifteen years, you might not know that Maynard James Keenan has more gigs than just Tool. Sure, Tool's awesome and easily Keenan's best stuff, but that doesn't mean that everything he touches isn't rock solid, because it is. Even Puscifer. But the Maynard James Keenan side-project* I like best is definitely A Perfect Circle.



     There's a bunch of Perfect Circle songs that could warrant Song of the Day status, especially if I'm picking something for those of you unfamiliar with band to hear for the first time. But in true Loud Noises fashion, I'm picking the first song I heard by them, way back when: "Judith", the first single from A Perfect Circle's 2000 debut Mer de Noms. I do however think this is also a fitting choice because "Judith" is one of the heaviest songs in A Perfect Circle's catalogue, and it's as close to metal as they're likely to get. So have a listen, and if you know A Perfect Circle already, or are perhaps a fan, why not use this as an excuse to revisit a great album from more than a decade ago.











* Of course, he'd probably loathe my calling it that, not to mention Billy Howerdel. But oh well. They're not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment