Wednesday 31 October 2012

Song of the Day: Michael Jackson - Thriller

     I know what you're thinking: what the fuck is Michael Jackson doing on this metal blog? Well, it's Hallowe'en, and I needed a good spooky song for today. But aren't there any evil and/or scary metal songs, you ask? Aren't there like a million of them, you demand? Sure, but therein lies the problem. There's umpteen gazillion metal songs that could be good for Hallowe'en, but there's also only so much time in the day for me to choose from them. So I've decided to just go with my gut and present the most Hallowe'eny song I can think of.



      And that song is Michael Jackson's "Thriller" from the 1982 album of the same name. Even metal heads should be able to recognize that MJ was indeed the King of Pop, so make yourself some popcorn and then sit back and enjoy the grand opus of a music video that is "Thriller". Incidentally this video scared me shitless as a young child - something about zombie Michael Jackson directing a mob of tightly choreographed dancing zombies was simply the stuff of nightmares for six or seven year old me. Not to mention Vincent Price and that whole "funk of forty-thousand years" thing (which of course I now find to be the most hilarious part of the whole video). Anyways, enjoy the show, happy Hallowe'en, and I'll see you all back here tomorrow for our regularly scheduled, more metallic programming.




No comments:

Post a Comment