Friday 14 September 2012

Songs of the Days

     So I completely spaced yesterday, and apparently went to bed last night somehow thinking I had done a Song for the Day when I had in fact done no such thing. So today you get a double dose of tasty, tasty tunes to sink your ears into. I promise to be a good boy and stop missing my own somewhat arbitrary self-imposed deadline. On with the show!



     First up I've got a band that was perhaps a little ahead of its time, and one that I've seen pointed to as among the progenitors of the most loved and hated sub-genre in modern metal. Britain's Fell Silent are sometimes cited as an early purveyor of djent, with their downtuned guitars and heavy, percussive riffs interspersed with more atmospheric passages, and even though they have fallen silent (yeah, I know, I couldn't resist) since releasing their only album, The Hidden Words, in 2008, you can still hear the next phase of their sound's evolution in Tesseract's Acle Kahney, a Fell Silent alum.

     Your Fell Silent song today is "Immerse", which to my knowledge was the only single off the aforementioned The Hidden Words.



     Second, I've got the first single from the forthcoming debut album by a band called The Haarp Machine, a song entitled "Pleiadian Keys". While know virtually nothing about this band (something I aim to rectify) I do know this song is pretty rad, and I'll be checking out this album when it comes out in October.



     There. Two songs. One day. I'll try and keep up in future. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment