Tuesday 18 September 2012

Song of the Day: Uneven Structure - Awaken

     Getting back to things a little bit newer than, say, Master of Puppets, today I've got a band I believe I've mentioned maybe once before, but only in passing and never again. Back in the United Nations of Metal post, I remember saying that I had some choice for the representative from France and that I went with Gojira because I wanted to save the other alternative, today's band, for another post. I've never gotten back around to bringing these guys up again, which is a shame because they're pretty good, so at the very least, even if they don't ever end up getting their own post, they deserve a Song of the Day.



     To that end, your song today is "Awaken", the first track from French djentlemen Uneven Structure's first full-length, 2011's Februus. Joking aside, while Uneven Structure do have a number of djenty elements to their sound, their ability to craft both expansive atmospheric soundscapes and fat n' tasty grooves makes them stand out in my book. Click play and awaken to Uneven Structure.


No comments:

Post a Comment