Monday 3 September 2012

Song of the Day: Sublime - Santeria

     So here it is, people. The unofficial last day of summer, and for some (including my younger brother) the practical last day, in the sense that kids in public and secondary schools are back in class starting tomorrow morning. This doesn't really affect me, but since it's also the Monday of a long weekend (happy Labour Day, workers) it means I owe you one more summer weekend song before it's back to business as usual. As with yesterday's choice of "Drive" by Incubus, I have little doubt that, should you put today's song on at a party, a great deal of singing along will result.



     That song is "Santeria", that band is Sublime, and that album is 1996's Sublime. There's a bunch of good party songs by Sublime ("Wrong Way" "What I Got" and "Smoke Two Joints" come to mind) but in my experience at least "Santeria" inspires the most community and along singing, so why not round out the weekend with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment