Sunday 9 September 2012

Song of the Day: Oceansize - Only Twin

     I have one or more of the guys in Periphery to thank for today's song. They're among the bands I follow on Facebook, and every once in a while they'll do something like I'm doing and recommend a song they like to their fans. When I've got a few minutes I try and check them out, and the other day I was very glad I did. Interestingly named Oceansize deliver heavy post-hardcore and post-rock of appropriately epic proportions. I've only listened to a couple of tracks so far (including today's song, Periphery's recommendation) but I'm really looking forward to hearing some more next time I'm in focused listening mode.



     Your song today is "Only Twin" off of Oceansize's 2007 album Frames. It's a bit of a trek, given its length, but it's compelling throughout and well worth it. Give yourself the time to really dig into it and I for one think you'll find it's worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment